Hugo completed the course for preparation of Private Notaries in Macau in 2002 and has been practicing as notary in the firm since.
Hugo has focused his practice in litigation, being involved in several disputes concerning civil, corporate, real estate, insurance and administrative matters.
Hugo also consistently advises on banking, tax, construction, real estate, corporate and public contractual matters, having assisted in several arrangements involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Registered Lawyer with the Macau Lawyers’ Association
- Registered Lawyer with the Portuguese Bar Association
- Member of the Macau Superior Council of Lawyers (2002-2005)
- Member of the Board of the Macau Lawyer’s Association (2006-2007) (2009-2010) (2011-2012) (2013-2014)
- Law Degree (LLB), Porto School of Law, Catholic University, Portugal (1998)
- Course for Private Notaries in the Macau SAR (2002)
- 2002 to date: Private Notary, Macau SAR
- 2000 to date: Lawyer at Manuela António – Lawyers and Notaries, Macau SAR
- 2000: Legal consultant for a major Portuguese insurance company and for a Portuguese financial institution, Portugal
- 1998 to 2000: Lawyer with a law firm in Porto, Portugal