André Sant'Ana Marques
André joined the Macau law firm in July 2017 and has been since then focused mainly in the areas of tax, banking and finance, corporate and real estate providing assistance to several domestic and foreign entities.
André has also experience in litigation and dispute resolution in the Macau jurisdiction.
Previously, André worked as an Associate Lawyer at PLMJ, one of Portugal’s leading law firms, where he was able to provide legal advice in matters related to tax law, banking and finance, and real estate.
André also worked as a Senior Tax Consultant at Ernst & Young Portugal where he had the opportunity to be involved in several projects related to tax assessments, tax planning, and tax litigation.
- 2017 to date: Lawyer at Manuela António – Lawyers and Notaries
- 2016 to 2017: Senior Tax Consultant at Ernst & Young, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2015 to 2016: Associate Lawyer at PLMJ Pereira, Leal, Martins, Júdice & Associados, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2012 to 2015: Trainee Lawyer at PLMJ Pereira, Leal, Martins, Júdice & Associados, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2011: Summer Trainee at PLMJ Pereira, Leal, Martins, Júdice & Associados, Lisbon, Portugal
- Registered Lawyer with the Portuguese Bar Association since 2015
- Registered Lawyer with the Macau Lawyers’ Association since 2021
André published a book in the field of International Tax Law: “The Limitation on Benefits Clauses as a Mechanism to Fight Treaty Shopping,” (Os Mecanismos de Combate ao Treaty Shopping – As Cláusulas de Limitação dos Benefícios) AAFDL, 2017”