Hugo Ribeiro Couto
Senior Partner and Private Notary
Hugo Couto obtained a law degree from the Porto School of Law of the Catholic University in Portugal.
He joined the firm in late 2000 and has since then been advising on all areas of the law.
Hugo completed the course for preparation of Private Notaries in Macau in 2002 and has been practicing as a notary in the firm since.
Hugo has focused his practice on litigation, being involved in several disputes concerning civil, corporate, real estate, insurance, and administrative matters.
Hugo also consistently advises on banking, tax, construction, real estate, corporate, and public contractual matters, having assisted in several arrangements involving multiple jurisdictions.
- 2002 to date: Private Notary, Macau SAR
- 2000 to date: Lawyer at Manuela António – Lawyers and Notaries, Macau SAR
- 2000: Legal consultant for a major Portuguese insurance company and for a Portuguese financial institution, Portugal
- 1998 to 2000: Lawyer with a law firm in Porto, Portugal
- Registered Lawyer with the Macau Lawyers’ Association
- Registered Lawyer with the Portuguese Bar Association
- Member of the Macau Superior Council of Lawyers (2002-2005)
- Member of the Board of the Macau Lawyer’s Association
(2006-2007) (2009-2010) (2011-2012) (2013-2014)
- Law Degree (LLB), Porto School of Law, Catholic University, Portugal (1998)
- Course for Private Notaries in the Macau SAR (2002)