Tiago Assunção joined the Macau law firm in 2014 and has been since then active in several practice areas. Tiago’s practice has been focused on advising clients on corporate, banking, and finance matters, assisting in all corporate and financial matters, including corporate restructurings, debt issuance, and several financial arrangements acting for both borrowers and lenders.
Tiago has been assisting clients in the area of litigation and dispute resolution, being involved as well in several out-of-court negotiations and dispute settlements. He also focuses on the gaming sector, providing assistance to gaming and gaming-related actors in the Macau SAR.
In addition, Tiago has broad experience in Intellectual and Industrial Property and Data Protection matters, with thorough knowledge of Macau authorities compliance, where both his previous professional life and academic tutoring have provided him with strong professional insight into these matters.
- 2014 to date: Lawyer, Manuela António – Lawyers and Notaries, Macau SAR and Lisbon, Portugal
- 2014: Legal Counsel at Rato, Ling, Vong, Lei & Cortés – Advogados, Macau SAR
- 2013: Legal Counsel (on secondment) at Nutriventures Limitada, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2012: Legal Counsel (on secondment) at Vodafone Portugal – Comunicações Pessoais S.A., Lisbon, Portugal
- 2011 to 2012: Lecturer of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2010 to 2013: Lawyer at PLMJ Pereira, Leal, Martins, Júdice & Associados, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2007 to 2010: Trainee Lawyer at PLMJ Pereira, Leal, Martins, Júdice & Associados, Lisbon, Portugal
- Registered Lawyer with the Portuguese Bar Association
- Registered Lawyer with the Macau Lawyers´ Association
- Master Degree in Company Law, Law School, University of Coimbra, Portugal (currently concluding the master thesis)
- Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (HKIArb) Associate Entry Course (2018)
- Initial Studies in Arbitration, Centro de Formação Jurídica e Judiciária, Macau (2018)
- Post graduation in Corporate and Business Law, Law School, University of Coimbra, Portugal (2009)
- Law Degree (LLB), Law School, University of Coimbra, Portugal (2007)
- Joint Article: “Macau: Data Breach”, published in OneTrust Data Guidance, Regulatory Research Software (2021)
- Joint Article: “Doing Business in Macau: Overview”, published in the Thomson Reuters Pratical Law (2021)
- Joint Article: “Corporate governance and directors’ duties in Macau: overview”, published in the Thomson Reuters Practical Law (2020)
- Article “Requirements for revocation of trademarks explained”, published in World Trademark Review Daily (2010)
- Article “OGASTRO vs LANZOGASTRO”, published in World Trademark Review Daily (2009)